EFT – Check Payments
Accept Check Payments Online with iTransact
iTransact’s EFT (electronic funds transfer) service allows your customers to securely pay you online using their checking accounts. Our EFT service is available to you whether or not you have a merchant account to accept credit card payments.
How It Works
- Customer completes your online order form, providing checking account information.
- The order form is accepted by iTransact’s secure server via a secure SSL socket.
- Customer’s ABA (bank number) information is verified in a national database. Customer’s account number is checked against a black list of unreliable accounts.
- Order confirmation is sent to you and to your customer.
- Using a computer system not connected to the web, CheckGateway (our EFT processor) initiates an electronic funds transfer from your customer’s bank account to yours.
iTransact EFT Advantages
- Additional Payment Acceptance Ability
The more payment options that are available to your customers, the more likely it is that they will purchase from you. Though much of the buying public uses credit cards, many consumers either do not hold them or simply prefer checks. Why limit your business to one form of payment? Accepting online payments from customers who use checks will substantially expand your customer base.
- No Hardware or Software Required
Online check acceptance is quickly and easily integrated into your existing online order forms. No software or hardware is required by you or your customers.
- We Provide the Security
Since iTransact payments are secure from any web site, there is no need for you or your customers to worry about information theft. iTransact enables your customers to order online without ever having to transmit their account information over a non-secure Internet connection. Transactions utilize iTransact’s proprietary system, including military-grade encryption and SSL. iTransact’s secure server eliminates your need to have your own.
- Detailed Reporting
Similar to credit card acceptance, when a customer pays by check on your site, you and your customer receive immediate confirmation of the order. The information you receive includes the customer’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, items ordered, and the order total. This information is emailed to you and is also available in your Transaction Control Panel. Additionally, CheckGateway, our EFT processor, provides its own set of detailed reports.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
PO Box 999
314 South 200 West
Farmington UT 84025-0999
Phone: (801) 298-1212
Fax: (801) 298-9789
For technical assistance, please submit a ticket via the iTransact Support Center.