HTML Form Post Connection Method
Simply add an HTML form to your site to begin accepting transactions immediately. This is the method used by most merchants since it can be done from any HTML web page. An HTML order for can be created in just a few minutes.
Click on the links below for details about each feature/tool. Each tool adds unique features to a website, and can be used separately or as a whole.
Simple forms can be created using the Form Creation Wizard found in the Control Panel.
- Form Post & Input Field Detail
- Detailed information about <FORM> POST and required and optional <input> field names and values. Examples are included.
- Order Form Templates
- Detailed examples that can be used as templates for online order forms are located here. They can be used as-is, or can be altered for the needs of a particular site. Please view the source of the examples for complete details.
- Passback Function
The Passback Function makes it possible for you to pass specific information during the transaction process and have the information passed back to your ret_addr after a successful transaction.
This enables web sites to offer real-time delivery of software, information, access to a member-only area, etc. This function also allows information for successful transactions to be written to an online database in real-time.
For example, you may want to send (and receive back) an invoice number, customer identification, PIN numbers, or the contents of *_desc, *_cost, and *_qty.
- Lookup Function
- The Lookup Function allows you to request specific customer data at the time a transaction is initiated. All data requested using the Lookup Function is sent directly to the return address (ret_addr) specified in the initial order form.
- Return Mode Function
- The Return Mode Function enables you to by-pass the intermediate "Continue" page that is displayed after a transaction completes. This is useful if you would like your online transaction system to be "transparent" to the end-user. This applies for both valid and declined transactions.
- PGP Signature Verification
- For complete security, transactions are always signed with our PGP Signature when either the Lookup or Passback Function is used. This feature allows you to know that each transaction confirmation was sent by our server. To use this feature, you must have PGP software installed on your server.
- Return Address Field
The return address field (ret_addr) is a simple hidden field in your order form. It contains the URL that the customer is returned to after a successful transaction. This URL can be a static Web page or a CGI. This field is required for all order forms.
If you have multiple order forms and/or websites using the same account, changing the value of the return address field will enable you to display various "thank you" pages or write to separate databases.
- Email Text Field
- Adding this field in your order form enables you to include personalized messages to your customers. The contents of this field appear in the confirmation email that is sent to the customer’s email address.
- Form Tag Options
- If you are using a SplitForm or a BuyNow form, the final "checkout" page that appears on the secure server may be modified to match your web site’s background color and link color. In addition, you may include your company’s logo as a header graphic and display the card types that you are authorized to accept.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
PO Box 999
314 South 200 West
Farmington UT 84025-0999
Phone: (801) 298-1212
Fax: (801) 298-9789
For technical assistance, please submit a ticket via the iTransact Support Center.